How to fill a C100 Child Arrangements Order form?

How to fill a C100 Child ArrangementsOrder form?

(Article Part 1 – to be continued in Part 2)

When a relationship ends, and you have children, it is necessary to agree where your children will live, and the time the children will split between both parents. These are called 'Child Arrangements'.

In specific, as of today, this C100 form is used for:

1. Child arrangements

2. Prohibited steps

3. Specific issue order or

4. To vary or discharge or

5. Ask permission to make a section 8 order

This How to Fill note is to help

Download PDF • 482KB

(Please check the gov website for the latest version of the form)

p you the Litigant in person, who needs justice through our courts, but have not been able to afford a solicitor, or have not been able to get Legal Aid.

Who wrote this? This blog page has been authored by a Family Law Paralegal who has successfully completed many Child Arrangement Order applications, and till date, none has been rejected by the Family Courts for the reason of inaccuracies. However, the disclaimer is that if you need legal advice or help to fill the C1100 form please consider a Family Law Solicitor.

Which Law is the C100 application?

The C100 Application under section 8 of the Children Act 1989 for a child arrangement, prohibited steps, specific issue order or to vary or discharge or ask permission to make a section 8 order

Having said that, if you are still here, then read on. If you are unable to reach a child arrangements agreement which will lead to a Consent based Chid Arrangements Order, you will find yourself in the thick and think of the Family Law of our country, in specific you may more often than not be looking at Private Family Law, under the Child Act 1989

Where will you find the latest form?

Our government has done a pretty good job (I would at least say so) in regards to publishing the Family Law Application forms on the Gov.Uk website. and is available on (on the date of authoring this Article on 02 Aug 2020) on the gov site

Pages: The C100 form as it exists today has 26 Pages (please don't be scared, at least yet!), and Page 2 is the most interesting page, a blank page (literally) for the sake of trees (or not). On a serious note, the 25 Pages do consist of very detailed information that needs to be filled in.

(To be continued in Article Part 2…….)

Contact Us
facebook symbol black.jpg

Tel: 07375757523

Email address: 

Twitter: @CourtHelpLtd

Office Adress:

Lymore Villa, 162a London Road

Newcastle, Staffordshire


Court Help Limited is a specialist Family Law firm with specialist expertise in Complex Children Law matters. 

Court Help Limited is not part of a firm of Solicitors, we do not undertake reserved legal activities unless permitted and we do not accept service of proceedings. We do not have affiliation with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) or any other regulatory body, firm or organisation' s save for those expressly stated and is therefore entirely independent. The company is managed by a well regarded professional with 23 years of work experience and is a Fellow Member of the National Association of Licensed Paralegals.

Court Help Limited is a Private Limited Company registered in England bearing Registration Number 11936788. Our registered office is at, 162A London Road, Chesterton, Newcastle Under Lyme, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST5 7JB. We do not have any affiliate offices. and we will never have a third party contact you unless authorised by you and notified by us to you in writing.